Two cops suspended, magistrate shifted for Facebook arrests
- 15 security personnel killed as Naxals attack CRPF convoy in Chhattisgarh
- Malaysia military believes it has tracked missing jet over Strait of Malacca
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Narendra Modi's new found love for Bihar a ploy to win votes: Nitish Kumar
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
Patil said SP Shengaokar was placed under suspension for disobeying his superiors including the Inspector General of Police and Additional Director General of Police, who had advised against arresting the girls.
Inspector Pingle has invited action for charging them under wrong sections and preparing faulty records, he said, adding necessary legal advice would be obtained on the question of use of the section pertaining to IT Act and workshops would be organised for the police force to check its misuse.
Earlier, the Maharashtra government had ordered an inquiry by IG (Konkan Range) Sukhvindar Singh into the incident.
In his report to the state's DGP Sanjeev Dayal, Singh had indicted policemen involved in initiating action against the girls and observed that the arrests could have been avoided.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express