Two cows found dead in Loni, security tightened
- BJP manifesto pledges good governance, talks of constructing Ram Temple, abrogating Article 370
- Elections 2014 LIVE: BJP's manifesto in tune with RSS' agenda, says CPI; Lakhs of farmers have committed suicide in your country, says Modi
- Revenge remark: EC issues notice to Amit Shah
- Coal block scam: CVC Pradeep Kumar recuses himself from SC probe panel
- Naidu stirs hornet's nest with BJP tie-up, releases first list of candidates cautiously
Police said a case was registered against two persons, under the Cow Slaughter Prohibition Act, on Sunday
Additional police personnel were deployed in Loni, Ghaziabad, for a couple of hours to pre-empt any flare-up following the discovery of two cow carcasses in the area on Sunday morning.
Police said a case against two brothers from Bainsla village under the Cow Slaughter Prohibition Act was registered late in the evening. "No arrest has been made," an officer said.
The cows belonged to Satender and Rajeshwar of Kasba Colony in Loni.
Officials said police were extra cautious in the light of violence in neighbouring Masuri on September 14 over alleged desecration of the Quran in Adhyatmik Nagar.
Apart from Masuri, desecrated Qurans were found in Pilkhuwa and Prem Nagar.
"There have been a series of incidents. So, we didn't want to take any chance after the dead cows were found around 11.30 am. The villagers cooperated with us," a police officer said.
- Ukraine says Russia fomenting eastern unrest
- Liquor worth Rs 4.85 cr seized in MP ahead of LS polls
- Man held with foreign currency worth Rs 38 lakh at airport
- Candidates steering towards auto unions to rev up support
- ‘Will send builders of illegal structures to jail’
- To root out corruption, vote for change and give the new face a chance, says Bains