Two Dutch tourists raped, robbed in India
- Highest earners in 75% rural households earned below Rs 5K: SECC
- Ex-RAW chief's revelation: Congress seeks PM's apology for Gujarat riots
- Hema Malini's car accident: Victim's family upset with BJP MP
- Kandahar operation: BJP dismisses ex-RAW chief's claims of 'goof-up'
- Gujarat HC dismisses petition against PM Narendra Modi for filing defective affidavit
Two dutch women tourists were allegedly raped several times in last five months by two men posing as tourist guides who also robbed them of their money, police said.
One of the accused, identified as Yasir Altaf, has been arrested in this connection while efforts are being made to arrest his associate, identified as Omar Baktoo, on the basis of a complaint lodged by one of the victims at Connaught Place police station, a senior police officer said.
According to police, the two dutch women were on a world tour and had arrived here to visit various places in India on January 5.
They fell in the trap of Altaf and Baktoo, who posed themselves as tourist guides working for a government tourist agency.