Two employees of security agency decamp with cash of ATM
- Coal scam: Ex-PM Manmohan Singh summoned as accused in Hindalco case
- Supreme Court hands out life term to six convicts in Manjunath murder case
- AAP Delhi MLAs write letter seeking expulsion of Yadav, Bhushan: Reports
- Land to Mines to coal, Oppn stands stall in RS
- BJP line to restive RSS: our ministers may quit if PDP doesn’t behave
Two employees of Security Intelligence Service India Limited, an outsourced agency entrusted with the job of depositing cash at ATM of Axis Bank, today fled with an amount of Rs 17 lakh while they were on their way to deposit the cash at the bank¿s ATMs located at Nirjuli and Naharlagun.
Tagru Tasang, the cash custodian and Tagru Tapak the driver, fled in an unregistered motorcycle from Bank Tinali here at around 11 AM, Capital Superintendent of Police P Surinder Kumar said.
A case has been registered at Itanagar Police station and a manhunt launched to nab the miscreants.
It is the second incident of bank loot within a month after armed gunmen robbed an amount of Rs 4.
5 lakh from the Ganga branch of Rural Bank on November 8.
Police, however, arrested the prime accused Lokam Tagio from Chimpu near here on November 25 and seized a pistol and three rounds of ammuntion from his possession.
During October last year, miscreants looted an amount of Rs 22 lakh from the Axis Bank ATM at Naharlagun when the security agency was depositing the cash.
Police arrested all the accused within six months and recovered the amount partially.