Two employees of security agency decamp with cash of ATM
- Kashmir violence: Back from Africa, PM Modi chairs meeting
- Kashmir protests: Another boy succumbs to injuries, death toll rises to 31
- CPI (M), BJP workers hacked to death in revenge killing in Kerala's Kannur
- Kashmir protests: Her MLAs fearful, CM Mehbooba Mufti asks ministers to step out
- Reliance Power’s Rs 14,500-crore loan: It’s Goyal vs Goyal on mortgage of coal blocks as collateral
Two employees of Security Intelligence Service India Limited, an outsourced agency entrusted with the job of depositing cash at ATM of Axis Bank, today fled with an amount of Rs 17 lakh while they were on their way to deposit the cash at the bank¿s ATMs located at Nirjuli and Naharlagun.
Tagru Tasang, the cash custodian and Tagru Tapak the driver, fled in an unregistered motorcycle from Bank Tinali here at around 11 AM, Capital Superintendent of Police P Surinder Kumar said.
A case has been registered at Itanagar Police station and a manhunt launched to nab the miscreants.
It is the second incident of bank loot within a month after armed gunmen robbed an amount of Rs 4.
5 lakh from the Ganga branch of Rural Bank on November 8.
Police, however, arrested the prime accused Lokam Tagio from Chimpu near here on November 25 and seized a pistol and three rounds of ammuntion from his possession.
During October last year, miscreants looted an amount of Rs 22 lakh from the Axis Bank ATM at Naharlagun when the security agency was depositing the cash.
- In its new phase, ‘azadi’ struggle in Kashmir is leaderless, and has a strong death wish
- AMU founder intended it to cater to the community’s educational needs
- Supreme Court has shone much-needed light on the operation of the AFSPA
- China’s rejection of international arbitration raises questions
- Next Door Nepal: Reprieve for Oli
- Hostilities between Pakistan and Afghanistan are rising