Two employees of security agency decamp with cash of ATM
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Two employees of Security Intelligence Service India Limited, an outsourced agency entrusted with the job of depositing cash at ATM of Axis Bank, today fled with an amount of Rs 17 lakh while they were on their way to deposit the cash at the bank¿s ATMs located at Nirjuli and Naharlagun.
Tagru Tasang, the cash custodian and Tagru Tapak the driver, fled in an unregistered motorcycle from Bank Tinali here at around 11 AM, Capital Superintendent of Police P Surinder Kumar said.
A case has been registered at Itanagar Police station and a manhunt launched to nab the miscreants.
It is the second incident of bank loot within a month after armed gunmen robbed an amount of Rs 4.
5 lakh from the Ganga branch of Rural Bank on November 8.
Police, however, arrested the prime accused Lokam Tagio from Chimpu near here on November 25 and seized a pistol and three rounds of ammuntion from his possession.
During October last year, miscreants looted an amount of Rs 22 lakh from the Axis Bank ATM at Naharlagun when the security agency was depositing the cash.
Police arrested all the accused within six months and recovered the amount partially.
- â€˜Someone should remind the CM weâ€™re also aam aadmi. But theyâ€™ve turned us intoÂ demonsâ€™
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun