Two employees of security agency decamp with cash of ATM
- India's naval might on full display off Visakhapatnam coast
- Kerala solar scam: Had freedom to enter Chandy’s house anytime, says Saritha Nair
- Australian national suspected to be IS supporter deported from Delhi airport
- At least 39 dead as Gujarat state transport bus plunges into river
- Cops have a case for new juvenile law: boy who ‘killed 2’
Two employees of Security Intelligence Service India Limited, an outsourced agency entrusted with the job of depositing cash at ATM of Axis Bank, today fled with an amount of Rs 17 lakh while they were on their way to deposit the cash at the bank¿s ATMs located at Nirjuli and Naharlagun.
Tagru Tasang, the cash custodian and Tagru Tapak the driver, fled in an unregistered motorcycle from Bank Tinali here at around 11 AM, Capital Superintendent of Police P Surinder Kumar said.
A case has been registered at Itanagar Police station and a manhunt launched to nab the miscreants.
It is the second incident of bank loot within a month after armed gunmen robbed an amount of Rs 4.
5 lakh from the Ganga branch of Rural Bank on November 8.
Police, however, arrested the prime accused Lokam Tagio from Chimpu near here on November 25 and seized a pistol and three rounds of ammuntion from his possession.
During October last year, miscreants looted an amount of Rs 22 lakh from the Axis Bank ATM at Naharlagun when the security agency was depositing the cash.
- No proof required: MGNREGA does not help poor
- Male-dominated ‘places of worship’ are places where god doesn’t reside
- As Sushma visits Lanka, India should invest its diplomatic capital in finding constitutional solution
- There is talk of 4th industrial revolution. How about spreading the benefits of the preceding three
- It Made China See Red
- Modi’s Idea of India - 2