Two ex-SOPU members clash
- Arvind Kejriwal stopped on way to meet Narendra Modi
- Sahara pleads SC to release Subrata Roy to borrow money for refunding investors
- PCâs dig at MoD: Learn from sub accidents, âspend wiselyâ
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
- Jat quota after riots hurt Muslim sentiments, says Alvi
Present to appear in a case of attempt to murder in a local court, two former member of Students Organization of Panjab University (SOPU) party got into a clash in which the respondent, against whom the case is going on, sustained head and leg injuries.
Amandeep Singh, former president at DAV College and a SOPU member allegedly beat Amninder Singh, another former SOPU member and a student of the same college, when the two appeared in the local court on Wednesday. Two years ago when both were competing for the post of president, they had a violent spa. The then president, Amandeep, had registered a case of attempt to murder against Amninder.
The victim has sustained a fracture in the leg.