Two fans hang themselves after Sri Lanka's defeat in World T20 final
- David Headley connects the dots: Hafiz Saeed, ISI, failed Mumbai attacks
- David Headley: Travelled to India 8 times, changed name for passport
- Rs 1.14 lakh crore of bad debts: The great government bank write-off
- Caste came up in 3 suicide probes at Hyderabad University
- Uttar Pradesh has been turned into 'Islamic state': Sena mouthpiece on Ghulam Ali concert
Two Sri Lankan youth unable to put up with the national team's defeat in the ICC World Twenty20 cricket final against the West Indies have committed suicide, police said here on Monday.
17-year-old Ashan Lakshitha, who returned home after watching the match on a giant screen at city's Galle Face promenade, was found hanging on a mango tree early this morning.
Similarly, 21-year-old Mahendran Suresh from the central district town of Hatton hanged himself in his bed room.
Sri Lanka lost to West Indies last night by 36 runs, leaving a trail of disappointed fans.
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress
- Strategies anchored in incubators fail to foster entrepreneurship
- Existing regime of film censorship is unconstitutional
- Section 377: A right to love
- PM Oli has been lucky, but his political survival looks uncertain
- Across the aisle- MGNREGA: Making a meal of words