Two fans hang themselves after Sri Lanka's defeat in World T20 final
- As a public figure, you must learn to face criticism: SC tells Jayalalithaa in defamation case
- Rajnath Singh: Those who believe in Kashmiriyat, Insaniyat & Jamhooriyat welcome for talks
- Rohith Vemula was not a Dalit, says probe panel set up by HRD Ministry
- Scorpene Submarine: Will probe leak, says DCNS; source not from India, says Defence Ministry
- Saradha scam: ED summons Chidambaram's wife Nalini
Two Sri Lankan youth unable to put up with the national team's defeat in the ICC World Twenty20 cricket final against the West Indies have committed suicide, police said here on Monday.
17-year-old Ashan Lakshitha, who returned home after watching the match on a giant screen at city's Galle Face promenade, was found hanging on a mango tree early this morning.
Similarly, 21-year-old Mahendran Suresh from the central district town of Hatton hanged himself in his bed room.
Sri Lanka lost to West Indies last night by 36 runs, leaving a trail of disappointed fans.
- Tension between the executive and judiciary could play out in creative, or destructive, ways
- Mental Health Bill tries to address complex issues, but it’s a work in progress
- Modi’s recent statements could help end the troubled region’s long international isolation
- Divya Spandana: Pakistan is no hell, I stand by my remarks
- The freedom from unreason
- Cow protection, paradoxically, poses a threat to the BJP’s project of Hindu unity