Two fans hang themselves after Sri Lanka's defeat in World T20 final
- Coal scam: Ex-PM Manmohan Singh summoned as accused in Hindalco case
- Supreme Court hands out life term to six convicts in Manjunath murder case
- AAP Delhi MLAs write letter seeking expulsion of Yadav, Bhushan: Reports
- Land to Mines to coal, Oppn stands stall in RS
- BJP line to restive RSS: our ministers may quit if PDP doesn’t behave
Two Sri Lankan youth unable to put up with the national team's defeat in the ICC World Twenty20 cricket final against the West Indies have committed suicide, police said here on Monday.
17-year-old Ashan Lakshitha, who returned home after watching the match on a giant screen at city's Galle Face promenade, was found hanging on a mango tree early this morning.
Similarly, 21-year-old Mahendran Suresh from the central district town of Hatton hanged himself in his bed room.
Sri Lanka lost to West Indies last night by 36 runs, leaving a trail of disappointed fans.
This was Sri Lanka's fourth World Cup final loss (two 50 overs and two T20s) across two categories.