Two get 7 and 10-year jail terms in rape cases
- Malaysia Airlines plane may have turned back before vanishing, says Air force chief
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress
- Varanasi seat row: RSS worried but believes BJP will solve it
- Subrata Roy arrest row: The not-so-beautiful story
- Vajpayee wanted Modi to quit over Gujarat riots, but party said no: Venkaiah Naidu
Two persons were sentenced to seven and ten-year jail terms in separate rape cases.
Additional District Judge Harkesh Kumar yesterday sentenced Shaukeen to seven years rigorous imprisonment and imposed a fine of Rs 25,000 for raping a 16-year old girl in 2010 in Moradabad.
In another case, a special court sentenced Rahissudin of Simbhawali police station to ten-year imprisonment along with Rs 7,000 fine for raping a SC/ST girl in 2000, court sources said.