Two get 7-day remand for boy’s kidnap and murder
- Ahead of Kisan rally, Rahul Gandhi meets delegation of farmers
- After death of 15-year-old in Narbal, J&K police say troops violated SOP
- AAP rebel Yogendra Yadav calls show cause notice a joke
- Suicide bombing in eastern Afghanistan kills 30, injures over 80
- First Germany, now UK objects to India ‘breach’ of secret bank data
A local court Saturday sent the two men to seven days' police custody for allegedly kidnapping and killing of a 11-year-old boy in Surat. On Friday, police had recovered the body of the victim, Heth Bhanderi, from the outskirts of the city 15 days after his kidnapping. The body was found after police arrested the two men for the crime on Thursday evening. On Friday morning, one of the suspect — Jagdish — confessed to have committed the crime and agreed to show the location of the body. He also revealed his friend's name, who helped him in the crime, to the police. The accused had killed the boy within hours of kidnapping,police said.