Two get 7-day remand for boy’s kidnap and murder
- Dawood's hanging would have satisfied us more: Family of 93 blasts victim
- Terrorists who attacked Gurdaspur came from Pakistan: Rajnath Singh
- Nation bids tearful adieu to former president APJ Abdul Kalam
- Why this unseemly hurry in Yakub execution: Prashant Bhushan
- Taliban confirms leader Mullah Omar's death, new successor already in place
A local court Saturday sent the two men to seven days' police custody for allegedly kidnapping and killing of a 11-year-old boy in Surat. On Friday, police had recovered the body of the victim, Heth Bhanderi, from the outskirts of the city 15 days after his kidnapping. The body was found after police arrested the two men for the crime on Thursday evening. On Friday morning, one of the suspect — Jagdish — confessed to have committed the crime and agreed to show the location of the body. He also revealed his friend's name, who helped him in the crime, to the police. The accused had killed the boy within hours of kidnapping,police said.