Two get jail terms in separate rape cases in Uttarakhand
- Live: Supreme Court proposes to appoint Sunil Gavaskar as interim president, claim reports
- Days before Yasin Bhatkal was arrested, it was Monu who âdeliveredâ Rs 1 lakh cash to his wife
- MH370 search suspended due to bad weather
- Maoists blow up mobile towers ahead of Narendra Modi rally in Bihar
- Election 2014 LIVE: Modi says Cong manifesto cheats people; FIR against Raj Babbar
One person was sentenced to life imprisonment for raping and killing a minor and another was sentenced to 10 years in jail for sexually assaulting a metally retarded woman by two different courts in Uttarakhand.
Udhamsingh Nagar District and Sessions judge Jaidev Singh yesterday sentenced Baburam to life imprisonment after finding him guilty of raping a 10-year-old girl and killing her on May 23, 2011 near Rudrapur.
The judge also slapped a fine of Rs 10,000 on Baburam. Pithorgarh District and Sessions judge Vivek B Sharma yesterday sentenced Shankar Chand to 10 years's rigorous imprisonment for raping a mentally retarded woman when she was alone at home on December 13, 2011. The court also slapped a fine of Rs 10,000 on him.
- Green chilli, chappals and stethoscope among 85 free symbols for Independent candidates
- Politicking peaks to new high in Maval: 3 Jagtaps, 2 Barnes jump into fray
- After Chavan’s pep talk, sulking Nimhan joins Cong-NCP poll campaign
- Keep country free of communalism, BJP and Modi: Pawar to voters
- I-League: Mehta goal keeps East Bengal at bay
- The Covered Girl