Two girls run over by train, die
- AAP rebel Yogendra Yadav calls show cause notice a joke
- After death of 15-year-old in Narbal, J&K police say troops violated SOP
- Ahead of Kisan rally, Rahul Gandhi meets delegation of farmers
- Suicide bombing in eastern Afghanistan kills 30, injures over 80
- First Germany, now UK objects to India ‘breach’ of secret bank data
Two teenage cousins out for Diwali shopping were killed in a train accident on Tuesday afternoon while they were crossing a railway track near Sola area. The girls were identified as Arti L Thakur (15) and Diksha (13).
According to Sola police, three girls, all cousins, had come from Kalol taluka in Gandhinagar district for shopping. On their way back home, they were crossing a railway track near Sattadhar flyover when they saw a train fast approaching them. The trio jumped to the other side, on a second track, which too had a train running on it. All three were hit. While Arti and Diksha died, the injured third girl was rushed to Sola civil hospital where she is said to be out of danger. Their parents are migrant labourers in Kalol.