Two girls run over by train, die
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
Two teenage cousins out for Diwali shopping were killed in a train accident on Tuesday afternoon while they were crossing a railway track near Sola area. The girls were identified as Arti L Thakur (15) and Diksha (13).
According to Sola police, three girls, all cousins, had come from Kalol taluka in Gandhinagar district for shopping. On their way back home, they were crossing a railway track near Sattadhar flyover when they saw a train fast approaching them. The trio jumped to the other side, on a second track, which too had a train running on it. All three were hit. While Arti and Diksha died, the injured third girl was rushed to Sola civil hospital where she is said to be out of danger. Their parents are migrant labourers in Kalol.