Two glasses of wine a day could do immense harm to face: study
- Muslim women beaten up in Madhya Pradesh over beef rumours
- Harish Rawat confirms Chinese incursion in Uttarakhand's Chamoli district
- GST Bill: Uncertainty continues as States don’t agree on rate
- Cow was killed by lion, not Dalit men flogged by gau rakshaks: CID
- How Governor Raghuram Rajan had his way on venue for RBI interviews
A new experiment has revealed that just two glasses of wine a day could do immense harm to the face, leaving it wrinkly and blotchy.
For the experiment, the researchers took a picture and with the help of a forensic artist specialising in age progression, used key information about a person's lifestyle to manipulate the image and predict how they will look in the future.
The results were not a pretty sight and would undoubtedly serve as a stark warning to women who regularly enjoy a couple of glasses of wine a night or the odd sugary doughnut, and think it won't do them any harm.
The experiment resulted in a bloated, flushed, red-eyed and tooth-stained monster, which was an illustration of what drinking could do to the face in only ten years.
"Drinking causes enlargement of the blood vessels," the Daily Mail quoted Dr Nicholas Lowe, a dermatologist as saying.
"This leads to flushing and, if you're prone to rosacea, could exacerbate it," he said.
- Nativist sentiments and a growing tendency towards looking inwards imperil globalisation
- Poor infrastructure not outdated syllabi — is what ails Indian universities
- India will have to get its act together on urban water
- Qandeel Baloch’s murder: Men craft, interpret and adjudicate over family laws in the subcontinent
- BJP was not dependent on Dalits to win Gujarat. But the apathy may cost in other states
- Jayalalithaa and Mamata defend Mayawati, recast politics on gender lines