Two glasses of wine a day could do immense harm to face: study
- Patna High Court stays Nitish Kumar's election as JD(U) legislature party chief
- Arvind Kejriwal gets down to business, calls for full statehood for Delhi
- President Pranab Mukherjee warns against deviation from constitutional principles
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: SIT to quiz Shashi Tharoor tomorrow
- Shanti Bhushan accuses Arvind Kejriwal of accepting 'tainted' money
A new experiment has revealed that just two glasses of wine a day could do immense harm to the face, leaving it wrinkly and blotchy.
For the experiment, the researchers took a picture and with the help of a forensic artist specialising in age progression, used key information about a person's lifestyle to manipulate the image and predict how they will look in the future.
The results were not a pretty sight and would undoubtedly serve as a stark warning to women who regularly enjoy a couple of glasses of wine a night or the odd sugary doughnut, and think it won't do them any harm.
The experiment resulted in a bloated, flushed, red-eyed and tooth-stained monster, which was an illustration of what drinking could do to the face in only ten years.
"Drinking causes enlargement of the blood vessels," the Daily Mail quoted Dr Nicholas Lowe, a dermatologist as saying.
"This leads to flushing and, if you're prone to rosacea, could exacerbate it," he said.
Other harms done by drinking include thread veins, forehead wine, crow's feet, deep wrinkles, tooth damage, sagging eyelids and cheeks, dark circles, pimples and grey, thin skin.