Two glasses of wine a day could do immense harm to face: study
- SC slams BCCI over Lodha report: Better fall in line, or we will make you fall in line
- SAARC Summit: Now, Bangladesh, Bhutan and Afghanistan say they won't be going to Islamabad
- To isolate Pak, India pulls out of Islamabad SAARC summit
- Global competitiveness index: India jumps 16 ranks for second time, now at 39
- Shimon Peres, last surviving link to Israel's founding fathers, dies at 93
A new experiment has revealed that just two glasses of wine a day could do immense harm to the face, leaving it wrinkly and blotchy.
For the experiment, the researchers took a picture and with the help of a forensic artist specialising in age progression, used key information about a person's lifestyle to manipulate the image and predict how they will look in the future.
The results were not a pretty sight and would undoubtedly serve as a stark warning to women who regularly enjoy a couple of glasses of wine a night or the odd sugary doughnut, and think it won't do them any harm.
The experiment resulted in a bloated, flushed, red-eyed and tooth-stained monster, which was an illustration of what drinking could do to the face in only ten years.
"Drinking causes enlargement of the blood vessels," the Daily Mail quoted Dr Nicholas Lowe, a dermatologist as saying.
"This leads to flushing and, if you're prone to rosacea, could exacerbate it," he said.
- Power struggle within weakens Samajwadi Party already undergoing an identity crisis in UP
- Preventive detention is being routinised as an instrument of state repression
- The challenge of garbage is set to grow, solid waste management plans need to be implemented
- After Uri, a replay of a 2001 predicament
- Any response to Uri must factor in Pakistani state’s relationship with non-state actors
- It is assumed that Blacks will vote 93 per cent for Clinton, seven per cent for Trump