Two government employees caught accepting bribe
- Nitish Kumar's JD(U) recognised as principal opposition party in Bihar, BJP protests
- SC extends Setalvad's interim bail and asks her lawyer Kapil Sibal not to 'act smart'
- Aero India Show: Stunt planes collide in mid-air, pilots safe
- Swine flu deaths soar to 663, number of cases cross 10,000
- Maratha Mandir brings down curtains on Shah Rukh Khan's DDLJ
In two separate incidences, the Haryana State Vigilance Bureau has allegedly caught government employees accepting bribe from local residents. The bureau has caught Karnail Singh, an assistant foreman of Power Utilities, Pinjore, Panchkula district red-handed, while accepting an illegal gratification of Rs 10,000 from Madan Lal, a resident of Khurkawa, in lieu of not registering a case of theft of electricity against him. The bureau spokesman said that it has also caught Hari Parkash, a clerk of the Municipal Corporation at Panipat in the act of accepting an illegal gratification of Rs 3500 from Ashok Mukheja, a resident of Mastana Chowk, Panipat, in lieu of non-verification of domicile paper. Two separate cases have been registered against them.