Two held for ‘molestation’
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Kolkata:Two youths were arrested on Sunday for allegedly molesting two women in Kasba area of Kolkata. "As I, along with one of my friends, was walking down the road, two youths surfaced all of a sudden and started molesting us," one of the victim said. "As we screamed a police van, which was passing by, came to our rescue and arrested both the culprits," she said. Police said the two were rounded up and taken to the nearby police station.
Baul singer Khyapa dead
Kolkata:Baul singer Gour Khyapa (65), who was injured in a road accident near Santiniketan on January 22, died at a government hospital on Sunday. He is survived by his wife Parvati and daughter Lakshmi. Among the last of the older generation of bauls, Khyapa had visited several countries and mesmerised the audience.
'27 colleges to be set up in 1 year'
Kolkata:Education Minister Bratya Basu on Sunday said the government will set up 27 new colleges in next one year. He said the colleges will be set up in districts like North Dinajpur, South Dinajpur, West Midnapore, Purulia, Bankura, Birbhum, Malda and Murshidabad. However, his announcement was slammed by educationists who feel that without filling the existing vacant posts in colleges, the government should not set up new colleges in the state.