Two held for ‘molestation’
- Serious allegations against N Srinivasan in IPL spot-fixing probe report, keep him away from BCCI: Supreme Court
- GMR pilots skip medical tests before flying Rahul Gandhi, to be grounded
- Supreme Court recognises third gender, glimmer of hope for gays
- Karnataka: At least six burnt to death, 12 injured as bus catches fire
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Sonia to address rally in Telangana; Smriti Irani to file nomination shortly
Kolkata:Two youths were arrested on Sunday for allegedly molesting two women in Kasba area of Kolkata. "As I, along with one of my friends, was walking down the road, two youths surfaced all of a sudden and started molesting us," one of the victim said. "As we screamed a police van, which was passing by, came to our rescue and arrested both the culprits," she said. Police said the two were rounded up and taken to the nearby police station.
Baul singer Khyapa dead
Kolkata:Baul singer Gour Khyapa (65), who was injured in a road accident near Santiniketan on January 22, died at a government hospital on Sunday. He is survived by his wife Parvati and daughter Lakshmi. Among the last of the older generation of bauls, Khyapa had visited several countries and mesmerised the audience.
'27 colleges to be set up in 1 year'
Kolkata:Education Minister Bratya Basu on Sunday said the government will set up 27 new colleges in next one year. He said the colleges will be set up in districts like North Dinajpur, South Dinajpur, West Midnapore, Purulia, Bankura, Birbhum, Malda and Murshidabad. However, his announcement was slammed by educationists who feel that without filling the existing vacant posts in colleges, the government should not set up new colleges in the state.