Two held for raping minor girl
- Hang me if I have committed crime, no apology: Modi
- Fifth phase of Lok Sabha elections in 121 seats on Thursday
- April 16 campaign roundup: Narendra Modi in firing line of Gandhis
- N Srinivasan faces serious charges, canât return until probe: Supreme Court
- Kolkata Knight Riders seal opener in comprehensive fashion
Two youths have been arrested for raping a 13-year-old minor girl here last evening, police said Tuesday, adding that a complaint in this regard was registered today.
Sajan Mir (19) and his accomplice Jignesh Chaudhary (26), both residents of Ambedkarnagar in Rander, had physically abused the 13-year-old girl, a Rander police officer said.
Police said the incident took place after the minor, also a resident of Ambedkarnagar, was seen talking to Sajan Mir outside her tuition class.
When the girl's father saw them talking, both of them ran away due to fear, police said.
Mir called up his friend Jignesh Chaudhary and the trio fled to a slum behind Ambedkarnagar, where Mir first raped her, the police said.
Chaudhary then asked Mir to go home and then he physically abused the minor girl throughout the night, police said.
Meanwhile, the minor girl's parents had begun searching for her. Later, she came home Tuesday morning and narrated the entire incident following which a rape complaint was registered.
The duo have been arrested, police said.
- Candidates’ wives prefer to be known by husband’s nickname
- A year on, ‘serial molester’ in police net
- Raakhi Birla’s road show fails to stir locals
- Rights panel bars school from forcing out student for ‘misbehaviour’
- Force India out to prove podium was no fluke
- Mohali openers involved in record 587-run partnership