Two held for raping minor
- Highest earners in 75% rural households earned below Rs 5K: SECC
- Ex-RAW chief's revelation: Congress seeks PM's apology for Gujarat riots
- Hema Malini's car accident: Victim's family upset with BJP MP
- Kandahar operation: BJP dismisses ex-RAW chief's claims of 'goof-up'
- Gujarat HC dismisses petition against PM Narendra Modi for filing defective affidavit
Police on Tuesday arrested two mechanics for allegedly raping a minor in Alambagh area on Sunday.
According to police, the accused — Virendra and Amit — who were known to the victim as they run a garage in the locality where she lived, had lured the 14-year-old girl into an auto-rickshaw while she was going to get her mobile phone recharged. Then they carried the girl to a secluded place where both of them raped her, police said. Alambagh Station House Officer Pramod Kumar Singh said both were arrested after the matter was reported to the police by the girl and her family members on Tuesday and an FIR was lodged in the case.