Two held for raping minor
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
Police on Tuesday arrested two mechanics for allegedly raping a minor in Alambagh area on Sunday.
According to police, the accused — Virendra and Amit — who were known to the victim as they run a garage in the locality where she lived, had lured the 14-year-old girl into an auto-rickshaw while she was going to get her mobile phone recharged. Then they carried the girl to a secluded place where both of them raped her, police said. Alambagh Station House Officer Pramod Kumar Singh said both were arrested after the matter was reported to the police by the girl and her family members on Tuesday and an FIR was lodged in the case.