Two held for robbery at cargo godown
- Maharashtra: Building collapses in Thane district, several feared trapped
- Nation pays tribute to Abdul Kalam, funeral in Rameswaram on July 30
- SC bench differs on Yakub's execution, refers plea to larger bench
- 'Your indebted student': Kalam's advisor pays tribute to former President on Facebook
- Gurdaspur attack: GPS shows terror team, got drug cartel help too
Ludhiana police Tuesday nabbed Ramesh Kumar and Ajay Kumar for stealing mobile phones, ladies bags and video games worth Rs 87 lakh. The material went missing from the Cargo godown at Dhandari Kalan about three days back and it was of Aviation logistics limited. A group of five persons did this crime out of which Ajay Kumar was working inside the cargo company. Two were nabbed Tuesday when the above mentioned went to the mobile shops to sell the phones and Ipads. The incident happened on one such shop in Focal point and the police reached the spot immediately and nabbed the duo.Police also recovered goods worth Rs 60 lakh and the rest are yet to be recovered. The three remaining members of the group — Sita Ram Yadav aka Motu, Seet Kumar and Om Parkash are yet to be caught.
Sumit Mukherjee, from Aviation logistics had lodged the complaint about the missing goods which had come three days back. On the preliminary inquiry, it was found that the locks of the godown had been opened and they were not broken and the thieves had got one master key made which they used in this theft.
Ajay Kumar was an employee with the Cargo company while the rest four were his friends who helped him in this crime. He used to do loading unloading of the goods and hence was the master mind behind this crime, said ADCP Bhupinder Singh Sidhu.