Two held for robbery at cargo godown
- 'Narendra Modi's bad cop': The Amit Shah you didn’t know
- Hollande in India: Counter-terrorism, space, energy on the table
- Pathankot attack: India has given fresh evidence, we will verify it, says Nawaz Sharif
- Tamil Nadu: Three suicides over fees but no rooms, teachers in medical college
- If I see a wall, I will scale it or if needed, break it: Tassaduq Hussain Mufti
Ludhiana police Tuesday nabbed Ramesh Kumar and Ajay Kumar for stealing mobile phones, ladies bags and video games worth Rs 87 lakh. The material went missing from the Cargo godown at Dhandari Kalan about three days back and it was of Aviation logistics limited. A group of five persons did this crime out of which Ajay Kumar was working inside the cargo company. Two were nabbed Tuesday when the above mentioned went to the mobile shops to sell the phones and Ipads. The incident happened on one such shop in Focal point and the police reached the spot immediately and nabbed the duo.Police also recovered goods worth Rs 60 lakh and the rest are yet to be recovered. The three remaining members of the group — Sita Ram Yadav aka Motu, Seet Kumar and Om Parkash are yet to be caught.
Sumit Mukherjee, from Aviation logistics had lodged the complaint about the missing goods which had come three days back. On the preliminary inquiry, it was found that the locks of the godown had been opened and they were not broken and the thieves had got one master key made which they used in this theft.
- Activists cry for Rohith but do they ever fight for true empowerment of Dalits?
- More university campuses must put an end to the ways in which casteism operates
- How four National Voters’ Days added the equivalent of 20 Finlands to voter rolls
- Countering rising pollution, endemic, is best done via solutions ground-up
- PM has a bold vision for defence reform. Can his defence minister deliver?
- Across the aisle: 'My birth is my fatal accident'