Two held for robbery at cargo godown
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
Ludhiana police Tuesday nabbed Ramesh Kumar and Ajay Kumar for stealing mobile phones, ladies bags and video games worth Rs 87 lakh. The material went missing from the Cargo godown at Dhandari Kalan about three days back and it was of Aviation logistics limited. A group of five persons did this crime out of which Ajay Kumar was working inside the cargo company. Two were nabbed Tuesday when the above mentioned went to the mobile shops to sell the phones and Ipads. The incident happened on one such shop in Focal point and the police reached the spot immediately and nabbed the duo.Police also recovered goods worth Rs 60 lakh and the rest are yet to be recovered. The three remaining members of the group — Sita Ram Yadav aka Motu, Seet Kumar and Om Parkash are yet to be caught.
Sumit Mukherjee, from Aviation logistics had lodged the complaint about the missing goods which had come three days back. On the preliminary inquiry, it was found that the locks of the godown had been opened and they were not broken and the thieves had got one master key made which they used in this theft.
Ajay Kumar was an employee with the Cargo company while the rest four were his friends who helped him in this crime. He used to do loading unloading of the goods and hence was the master mind behind this crime, said ADCP Bhupinder Singh Sidhu.