Two JSW Ispat employees dead, 6 injured in office collapse
- 9 killed, over 40 injured as Bengaluru-Ernakulam Express train derails near Hosur
- SC says allegations grave, but grants relief to Teesta Setalvad in cheating case
- All you need to know about AAP's WiFi Delhi promise
- 19 killed as militants storm Shia mosque in Pakistan
- Modi’s cricket diplomacy: Renewing political contact with Pakistan
Two employees of JSW Ispat Steel died and six others were injured as one of its offices at Victoria House here suffered partial collapse, JSW Steel said today.
"It is with a deep sense of remorse that JSW Steel states that some of its Group Companies including JSW Ispat Steel Ltd having one of their offices in Mumbai at Victoria House, Pandurang Budhkar Marg, Lower Parel, has suffered a partial structural collapse this morning," the company said in a statement.
The structural implosion this morning of a part of the building has led to the "unfortunate loss of two JSW Ispat Steel employees while six others, rescued from the debris are undergoing medical treatment at a city hospital", it said.
The company said the six employees could be saved due to timely action of the Mumbai Fire Brigade Department and its "immediate priority is to provide all assistance and the best medical help to the affected employees".
It said the Victoria House property, which is the registered office of JSW Ispat Steel Ltd, was acquired by JSW Steel Ltd in 2005 and the collapse appears to have occurred due to certain modifications carried out within a part of the ground floor - which does not belong to the JSW Group.