Two killed in road accidents
- Hyderabad University on the boil: 'Kanhaiya won't be allowed to enter HCU campus'
- Brussels attack: Two suspects identified as Khalid and Brahim Bakraoui
- No achche din: PM Modi under fire as middle class hit hard due to rising costs
- Chhattisgarh: Latest journalist arrest is for a WhatsApp dig at a cop
- Mehbooba Mufti set to be J&K CM after meeting with PM Modi
A truck and a jeep collided on Gandhinagar-Mansa Highway killing a senior citizen while injuring eight persons on Sunday, police said. The truck driver reportedly fled from the spot.
The incident happened at Bavla village when the overspeeding truck coming from Mansa town rammed into the jeep carrying around 10 persons, all from one family.
The Gandhinagar police rushed to the spot and sent the victims to Gandhinagar Civil Hospital. The Kalol taluka police have registered a case of accidental death and rash driving against the unidentified truck driver.
- Veterans of the Assam Movement now fight polls. But the bitterness and the issues linger on
- When Bhagat Singh’s clarion call ‘Inquilab Zindabad’, it was voluntarily accepted
- Delhi needs an authority suitably empowered and responsible for safe drinking water
- And what are Kanhaiya's credentials for being catapulted to this superhero status?
- In Bangladesh’s diminishing democratic space, a prominent editor is at the receiving end
- Supreme Court has the opportunity to enforce the true Islamic law on divorce