Two popular Marathi actors, child killed in road accident
- Army used 'chilly grenades' to catch Pakistani militant Sajjad Ahmed
- IPL Governing Council proposes two new teams to replace CSK, RR
- Central govt announces 98 Smart Cities, Naidu terms them 'safe investments for pvt firms'
- Sheena Bora murder: Police meet Mikhail Bora; five-day transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna
- ISRO launches rocket carrying GSAT-6 from Sriharikota
Two eminent Marathi film and television actors and a child were killed when their car met with an accident on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway, police said today.
Anand Abhyankar (50) and Akshay Pendse (33) were on their way to Mumbai last night, when their car collided with a Pune-bound tempo which lost control and crashed into the lane divider, Wadgaon Maval police sub-inspector Pradeep Suryavanshi said.
Both the actors and Akshay Pendse's two-year-old son Pratyush were killed while his wife suffered injuries in the accident.
Pendse's wife was admitted to Lokmanya hospital in Nigdi.
"The tempo driver has been arrested and a case has been registered under sections 304 (culpable homicide not amounting to murder) and 279 of IPC against him," Suryavanshi added.
The duo were a part of many popular television serials including 'Mala Sasoo Havi'.
Abhyankar had starred in several Marathi films like 'Spandan', 'Vastav', 'Pappa Sanga Kunache', 'Matichya Chuli', 'Balgandharva' and also performed in play 'Kurtyat Sada Tingalam'.
He had also acted in more than 15 Hindi TV serials including 'Jis Desh Mein Ganga Rehta Hai', 'Pappu Can't Dance Saala' and 'Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah'.
Pendse acted in television serials and a few movies including 'Kai Dyayche Bola'.