Two million iPhone-5 sold in China in first 3 days
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Kejriwal to file nomination from Varanasi tomorrow; Cong slams Modi for levelling 'cheap' allegations against Gandhi family
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- IPL spot fixing: Do you want to probe charges against Srinivasan? SC asks Justice Mudgal panel
- Hate speeches: Petty statements by those claiming to be BJP well wishers deviating poll campaign, says Modi
Apple Inc's new smartphone iPhone 5 sold more than two million handsets in China in the first three days after the launch, setting a new record in its second largest market.
"Customer response to the iPhone 5 in China has been incredible, setting a new record with our best first weekend sales ever in China," Apple CEO Tim Cook said in a statement.
"China is a very important market for us and customers there cannot wait to get their hands on Apple products," he said, following Friday's launch of the iPhone 5 on the Chinese mainland.
Earlier reports spoke of lukewarm response. Customers can order the latest iPhone through Apple's online store and its retail outlets, and also buy it from resellers and stores of operator partners China Unicom and China Telecom.
The highly anticipated debut, three months later than the product's initial launch in nine countries and regions, is widely expected to boost Apple's sales in the fourth quarter as well as its share price, state run Xinhua news agency reported.
Apple's shares rose from USD 509.79 on Friday to USD 518.83 on the Nasdaq.
They had been on a downward trend in December, dropping from USD 586.19 on December 3 to a one-month low of USD 509.79 on December 14.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready