Two minors raped in Halol, Dahod, two held
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
- Raj Thackeray warms up to Narendra Modi, lets Sena feel the heat
In two separate incidents of rape reported from central Gujarat, a two-and-a-half-year-old girl was raped at Halol in the Pahchmahals district and a 15-year-old girl was raped at Garbada in Dahod district.
The two-and-half-year old girl was raped and then thrown into a thorny bush. Police arrested one Keshavbhai Joshi on Friday night for allegedly raping the girl of his relative while he was visiting their house.
A case of rape and kidnapping was lodged by the girl's father, Hariprasad Daka, with Halol police station under Sections 363, 376, 377, and 342 of the Indian Penal Code, police said. According to the FIR, Joshi visited the house of the complainant. On Friday night, after finishing dinner, Joshi went out of the house while the girl's parents were yet to finish their dinner.
When Daka tried to find out where he had gone, he found his daughter missing. Girl's parents and other neighbours went looking out for the child when they found Joshi at a secluded area near their house. Joshi first refused to confess about the girl's whereabouts. He then told the people looking out for him that he had thrown her into a thorny bush.
Joshi was handed over to the Halol police station and the girl was taken to a local doctor who then referred her to Vadodara civil hospital where she is currently undergoing treatment.
In another incident reported from Abhlod village in Dahod's Garbada taluka, a 15-year-old girl was raped and threatened to be killed by a relative. As per Garbada police, one Dinesh Mandod forcefully took the girl to a nearby school and raped her. He threatened to kill her if she tried to report the matter to anybody. An FIR was lodged in this connection and Mandod was arrested.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress