Two Modi supporters from Bihar picked for Team Rajnath
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- Ink attack on AAP leader Yogendra Yadav at Jantar Mantar
- RSP quits LDF, to go alone in Lok Sabha elections
Two BJP leaders who have been backing Narendra Modi as NDA PM candidate have found positions in BJP president Rajnath Singh's team for the party's mission 2014.
Former state BJP president C P Thakur, who has been sulking after being denied another term, has been made BJP vice-president. Thakur, who had recently skipped the party executive meet in Patna and raised a banner of revolt against the new state party president Mangal Pande, is a known supporter of Modi. He had once said that Modi was a better choice for NDA PM nominee than others, including Bihar CM Nitish Kumar.
Another Modi acolyte from Bihar and BJP Nokha MLA, Rameshwar Chaurasia, has been made secretary in Team Rajnath. He had extensively campaigned in the recent Gujarat polls. He is one of the senior BJP leaders who had questioned the elevation of Pande as state party chief.
The elevation of Thakur and Chaurasia could be a clear signal to the state BJP unit, which has been divided on the issue of projecting Modi as the PM candidate. Earlier Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi had said at a recent state BJP meet that he was willing to contest the Lok Sabha polls under Modi if the party desired so.
"Wherever we go, party workers rally support for Modi. It is only fair to echo sentiments of common party workers. Now that Modi is in parliamentary board, it is up to the top leaders to take a call on Modi projection," he said.
A surprise inclusion in Rajnath's team is Renu Kushwaha, a party worker from Nawada. Sanjay Paswan was made SC Morcha national president. Motihari MP Radha Mohan Singh was made disciplinary committee head. "Bihar has got adequate representation," said state party chief Pande.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today