Two more ‘gangrapes’ reported in Sonepat in past 24 hours
- Highest earners in 75% rural households earned below Rs 5K: SECC
- Ex-RAW chief's revelation: Congress seeks PM's apology for Gujarat riots
- Hema Malini's car accident: Victim's family upset with BJP MP
- Kandahar operation: BJP dismisses ex-RAW chief's claims of 'goof-up'
- Gujarat HC dismisses petition against PM Narendra Modi for filing defective affidavit
Two incidents of alleged gangrape were reported from Sonepat district of Haryana on Friday. In both cases, the accused have been identified by the district police and teams were constituted to arrest those involved in the crime.
A young woman hailing from Johari village of Uttar Pradesh lodged a complaint with Sonepat police alleging that she had been raped by the owner of a photo studio, located at Mehlana Chowk, where she had gone to have her picture taken. As per her complaint, the owner Praveen, raped her in the studio and called two of his friends who also raped her.
The owner and one friend was arrested within three hours after the case was lodged.
Another incident of alleged gangrape was reported from Kabirdas Colony in Sonepat district. A resident of the same colony alleged that while she was waiting for a bus at Kalupur octroi post on Thursday evening, three youth pulled her into car and took her her to a secluded spot, where they allegedly raped her.
As per police, both probes are being monitored by a woman Deputy Superintendent of Police and four teams are on the lookout for the accused.