Two more ‘gangrapes’ reported in Sonepat in past 24 hours
- Elections 2014 LIVE: One polling officer dead, five injured in J&K militant attack
- Thousands turn up at Narendra Modi's Varanasi roadshow, BJP's PM candidate files nomination papers
- From Marandi vs Soren to Deora vs Sanyal: Top 5 battles in Lok Sabha polls Phase 6
- Rahul Gandhi joins sister Priyanka in attacking Narendra Modi on snoopgate
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, KKR vs RCB: KKR steady after losing two early against RCB
Two incidents of alleged gangrape were reported from Sonepat district of Haryana on Friday. In both cases, the accused have been identified by the district police and teams were constituted to arrest those involved in the crime.
A young woman hailing from Johari village of Uttar Pradesh lodged a complaint with Sonepat police alleging that she had been raped by the owner of a photo studio, located at Mehlana Chowk, where she had gone to have her picture taken. As per her complaint, the owner Praveen, raped her in the studio and called two of his friends who also raped her.
The owner and one friend was arrested within three hours after the case was lodged.
Another incident of alleged gangrape was reported from Kabirdas Colony in Sonepat district. A resident of the same colony alleged that while she was waiting for a bus at Kalupur octroi post on Thursday evening, three youth pulled her into car and took her her to a secluded spot, where they allegedly raped her.
As per police, both probes are being monitored by a woman Deputy Superintendent of Police and four teams are on the lookout for the accused.
- At least 65 EVMs replaced in six Lok Sabha seats in Assam
- Twitter cofounder talks of 26/11, Indian farmers in new book
- UP records over 24 pc voter turnout till 11 AM, 20 per cent turnout in Chhattisgarh
- Arvind Kejriwal lashes out at BJP for attack on Somnath Bharti
- ANF official accused of killing youth a gallantry award winner
- Maharashtra: Poor turnout till 9 am in third phase of polling