Two more arrested over attack on Lt Gen Brar
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
British Police have arrested two more persons, including a woman, in connection with the assassination attempt here on Lt Gen (retd) K S Brar, the hero of the 1984 Operation Blue Star.
Brar, 78, on a private visit, was returning to his hotel with his wife when he was attacked in central London by four men on September 30 and suffered a wound on his neck and cheek.
A 36-year-old man was arrested in west London on Wednesday on suspicion of conspiracy to murder and inflicting grievous bodily harm with intent, while a 55-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender.
The man is in custody at a police station in central London. The woman has been bailed on condition of having to return on a future date pending further inquiries.
Barjinder Singh Sangha, 33, of Wolverhampton and Mandeep Singh Sandhu, 34, of Great Barr, Birmingham, have already been charged with intent to do grievous bodily harm on Brar and had appeared in custody at Westminster Magistrates' Court on October 8.