Two more rapes in Jind dist
- Highest earners in 75% rural households earned below Rs 5K: SECC
- Ex-RAW chief's revelation: Congress seeks PM's apology for Gujarat riots
- Hema Malini's car accident: Victim's family upset with BJP MP
- Kandahar operation: BJP dismisses ex-RAW chief's claims of 'goof-up'
- Gujarat HC dismisses petition against PM Narendra Modi for filing defective affidavit
Two more incidents of rape were reported from Jind district in Haryana. While a minor girl was allegedly raped by a youth at Airchira Kalan village in the Safidon subdivision of the district on Friday, in another case, a widow was allegedly raped by her father-in-law in Baradi village on Saturday.
In the first incident, a Class X student alleged that her neighbour, Sanjay, forcibly entered her house when she was alone and raped her. Police have arrested Sanjay wile medical reports have confirmed that the minor was sexually assaulted.
In the second case, a 40-year-old woman accused her father-in-law of raping her. According to the complainant, a mother of two children, she was sleeping in her house, when her father-in-law came to her room and raped her. She narrated the incident to the police with the help of a few villagers and levelled her father-in-law, Ramchander, has been arrested. "In both the cases, we got the victims medically examined and have arrested the accused. Further investigations are still on," a Jind police spokesperson said.