Two more rapes in Jind dist
- Congress says Togadia spreading venom; EC seeks recording of alleged hate speech
- Akhilesh Yadav tears into Narendra Modi bastion on maiden visit to Gujarat, says third front ready to govern
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- IPL 7: CSK register 93-run victory over hapless DD
Two more incidents of rape were reported from Jind district in Haryana. While a minor girl was allegedly raped by a youth at Airchira Kalan village in the Safidon subdivision of the district on Friday, in another case, a widow was allegedly raped by her father-in-law in Baradi village on Saturday.
In the first incident, a Class X student alleged that her neighbour, Sanjay, forcibly entered her house when she was alone and raped her. Police have arrested Sanjay wile medical reports have confirmed that the minor was sexually assaulted.
In the second case, a 40-year-old woman accused her father-in-law of raping her. According to the complainant, a mother of two children, she was sleeping in her house, when her father-in-law came to her room and raped her. She narrated the incident to the police with the help of a few villagers and levelled her father-in-law, Ramchander, has been arrested. "In both the cases, we got the victims medically examined and have arrested the accused. Further investigations are still on," a Jind police spokesperson said.
- Being the humans of Bombay
- Mere pass space hai
- A ‘woman Modi’ seeks votes for Mulayam Singh’s party in Indore
- They refused to vote because of Kalyan, vow to turn out now and shut his son out
- Ex-Ulfa leader upsets equations in Bodo bastion Kokrajhar
- In Maharashtra, Muslims bitter but see few options beyond Cong