Two more succumb to H1N1, death toll at 7

Delhi government confirmed two more H1N1 deaths on Friday, even as a third suspected death was reported from another city hospital.

According to the state swine flu control room, a 50-year-old woman from a Jaipur hospital and a 43-year-old man admitted to Apollo hospitals succumbed to the virus on Friday. Both patients had been admitted in the first week of February. They were also suffering from hypertension and diabetes, which aggravated the presentation of H1N1 virus. Both patients succumbed to respiratory complications, officials said. This year's H1N1 death toll now stands at 7.

Another suspected H1N1 death was reported at Safdarjung hospital, where a two-year-old boy referred from a private hospital on Thursday at a critical stage died on Friday morning. A senior doctor said, "The patient was in a critical state with acute respiratory symptoms, and he had a confirmed diagnosis of H1N1. We had admitted him to ICU, but he died in the morning after he went into respiratory distress." Delhi government is yet to confirm this as a swine flu death.

Please read our terms of use before posting comments
TERMS OF USE: The views, opinions and comments posted are your, and are not endorsed by this website. You shall be solely responsible for the comment posted here. The website reserves the right to delete, reject, or otherwise remove any views, opinions and comments posted or part thereof. You shall ensure that the comment is not inflammatory, abusive, derogatory, defamatory &/or obscene, or contain pornographic matter and/or does not constitute hate mail, or violate privacy of any person (s) or breach confidentiality or otherwise is illegal, immoral or contrary to public policy. Nor should it contain anything infringing copyright &/or intellectual property rights of any person(s).
comments powered by Disqus