Two of a kind
- N-Korea says rocket launch a success, Kwangmyong 4 placed into orbit
- Kerala solar scam: Saritha Nair, the woman at the centre of the scandal
- Beef license for foreigners? Haryana govt may soon issue special permits
- As US lifts sanctions, Iran wants India to pay oil dues in euros
- Mumbai set to get India’s first international arbitration centre
Salman Khan's instructions to choreographer Chinni Prakash for Pandeyji seeti bajaye in Dabangg 2 were that the song had to beat all the dance sequences he had done before. At the same time it had to be more subdued from the feisty Humko peeni hai from Dabangg as that had the guys drinking and having a good time at the police station, but this time it was a different situation. "This song sequence is at a party thrown by the police department, so the cops are present with their families, including Pandeyji who's a married man in the sequel. So I had to move away from the free-style moves I had given him in Humko peeni hai and conceive of an endearing mix. In fact it took us — Arbaaz Khan, Salman, Mudassar Khan, who has assisted me on the song — four months before we could think of something apt. Besides the choreography, for a dance sequence to leave an impact, it has to be picturised well too," says Prakash.
A replica of a housing society was created for the song that was shot in Mumbai's Mehboob Studio. "Salman's forte when it comes to dancing are his lower body movements, which actually are more difficult to master. I captialised on that aspect giving him fast limb and pelvic moves. On the other hand, his upper torso reflected his attitude and the body language of his character Chulbul Pandey. With Salman, Mudassar and my inputs, the song has turned out to be truly mind-blowing," says the choreographer.
Sonakshi Sinha and Malaika Arora Khan are also part of the racy track. While Arora will be breezing in for about 30 seconds to groove to the peppy number, informs Prakash, adding that it's Sonakshi who will walk away with the seetis this time. "Mudassar had conceived some smart moves for Sonakshi, and she had rehearsed with him for a week. However, when we were shooting the sequence, Salman came up and suggested something else. He asked her to copy his moves from his films like Dabangg and Wanted, and the whole graph of the sequence changed within half an hour! The audience is going to go crazy seeing Sonakshi doing Salman's macho moves in a saree!" says Prakash. Dabangg 2 which is produced and directed by Arbaaz Khan releases on December 21.
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress
- Strategies anchored in incubators fail to foster entrepreneurship
- Existing regime of film censorship is unconstitutional
- Section 377: A right to love
- PM Oli has been lucky, but his political survival looks uncertain
- Across the aisle- MGNREGA: Making a meal of words