Two on motorbike hit by truck, die
- Aamir Khan responds, says 'Proud to be Indian, stand by what I said'
- GST is in the interest of the nation, says PM Modi at all-party meet
- Rescued Russian pilot says no warning from Turkey before jet downed
- 'Suit boot ki sarkar' is failing because there are no jobs: Rahul Gandhi
- BJP strategy in Parliament: Aggression is the best form of defense
Two youths on a bike were killed when a truck coming from the opposite side hit them near the grain market at NH-73 Ambala-Dehradun Tuesday evening. Both the motorcycle riders, residents of village Hema Majra, were injured seriously in the accident. Identified as Baldev Singh and his brother-in-law Gurdev, they were rushed to the MM Medical College hospital where doctors declared them brought dead. The police later reached the spot and impounded the truck.
Chargesheet filed in minor kidnap, rape case
Ambala: The Barara police filed a chargesheet in a case of kidnapping of a school girl studying at Barara SS School. The chargesheet was filed within a week after the arrest of the kidnapper Sanjay Kumar, a resident of village Malsonmath in district Hardoi (Uttar Pradesh). The police had registered a case of kidnapping and rape of a minor girl. According to DCP, Rural, Nazneen Bhasin, the accused Sanjay was a priest in a temple at Barara and kidnapped the school girl who had gone to the school on December 17. She said that the police arrested the accused and recovered the girl on December 27.
Swami Vivekanand group's DG appointed
Chandigarh: Prof Dilbagh Singh Hira was appointed as Director General, Swami Vivekanand Group of Institutes on Wednesday. He is the former Vice Chancellor of Guru Kashi University, Bathinda. Alumni of Department of Mechanical Engineering (ME) from Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh and University of Roorkee, Dr Dilbagh Singh has experience of over 48 years in Engineering Education.
Symposium on forensic medicine tomorrow
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?
- Telescope: Aamir and Chinese whispers
- What Manmohan Singh really think about the Planning Commission?
- Going solar
- Newspaper is supposed to expose corruption and injustice wherever it finds it