Two PAU scientists honoured by NAAS
- Positions hardening, Congress readies to walk alone in both Andhra and Bihar
- After Fali, former SC judge K T Thomas questions Lokpal selection
- Flanked by Paswans, Modi sells âN(Development)Aâ
- Supreme Court directs Centre, states to stop discrimination against HIV+ kids
- Judge among 11 dead in Pakistan court in alleged suicide attack
Two scientists of the Punjab Agricultural University (PAU) namely Dr J.S. Sandhu and Dr Gulshan Mahajan have been honoured by the National Academy of Agricultural Sciences (NAAS). Dr J.S. Sandhu, Senior Breeder (Pulses), Department of Plant Breeding and Genetics, PAU, and presently working as Assistant Director General, Indian Council of Agricultural Research, Krishi Bhawan, New Delhi, has been awarded "NAAS Fellowship 2013" in the section of Crop Science. Dr G. Mahajan, Agronomist (Rice Section), Department of Plant Breeding and Genetics, PAU, has been awarded "NAAS Associate Fellowship 2013." He is the first PAU scientist to receive this fellowship.