Two PAU scientists honoured by NAAS
- Fresh tremors felt in Nepal as death toll crosses 4,000 mark
- Nepal Earthquake: At Kathmandu Airport, a bit of panic, a lot of paranthas and puri
- Paid Rs 320 for a bottle of water, Nepal quake survivors recall the horror
- Nepal earthquake: First hand account from a mountaineer
- Even moderate tremors can cause heavy casualties in Delhi: Experts
Two scientists of the Punjab Agricultural University (PAU) namely Dr J.S. Sandhu and Dr Gulshan Mahajan have been honoured by the National Academy of Agricultural Sciences (NAAS). Dr J.S. Sandhu, Senior Breeder (Pulses), Department of Plant Breeding and Genetics, PAU, and presently working as Assistant Director General, Indian Council of Agricultural Research, Krishi Bhawan, New Delhi, has been awarded "NAAS Fellowship 2013" in the section of Crop Science. Dr G. Mahajan, Agronomist (Rice Section), Department of Plant Breeding and Genetics, PAU, has been awarded "NAAS Associate Fellowship 2013." He is the first PAU scientist to receive this fellowship.