Two popular Marathi actors, child killed in road accident
- LIVE: Our ties as ancient as history, PM tells members of Afghan parliament
- Nigeria: Gas tanker truck fire kills more than 100 people
- PM Modi signs deal with Russia to ‘Make in India’ n-reactor parts, 226 helicopters
- Seventh pay panel: Delay salary hikes, 5 states tell Centre
- Mob doused house with kerosene, warned us: Dadri victim’s daughter
Two eminent Marathi film and television actors and a child were killed when their car met with an accident on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway, police said today.
Anand Abhyankar (50) and Akshay Pendse (33) were on their way to Mumbai last night, when their car collided with a Pune-bound tempo which lost control and crashed into the lane divider, Wadgaon Maval police sub-inspector Pradeep Suryavanshi said.
Both the actors and Akshay Pendse's two-year-old son Pratyush were killed while his wife suffered injuries in the accident.
Pendse's wife was admitted to Lokmanya hospital in Nigdi.
"The tempo driver has been arrested and a case has been registered under sections 304 (culpable homicide not amounting to murder) and 279 of IPC against him," Suryavanshi added.
The duo were a part of many popular television serials including 'Mala Sasoo Havi'.
Abhyankar had starred in several Marathi films like 'Spandan', 'Vastav', 'Pappa Sanga Kunache', 'Matichya Chuli', 'Balgandharva' and also performed in play 'Kurtyat Sada Tingalam'.
He had also acted in more than 15 Hindi TV serials including 'Jis Desh Mein Ganga Rehta Hai', 'Pappu Can't Dance Saala' and 'Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah'.
Pendse acted in television serials and a few movies including 'Kai Dyayche Bola'.
- Why so many students are at the mercy of the private sector
- Can the House deal with disruption instead of being held hostage to it?
- Romancing the jihad
- Diary item: A trip to Matintoli
- The court has misread the constitutional right to adult suffrage
- Rajya Sabha has failed in its role as a delaying chamber for unwise legislation