Two popular Marathi actors, child killed in road accident
- L-G Jung functioning as if there is President's Rule in Delhi: Sisodia
- Suicide car bomb kills at least 6, injures 9 in Kabul
- VIDEO: Teased by bodyguard, Agra woman smashes SP leader's Mercedes
- Amid Delhi Chief Secy row, at least dozen govt officers ready to leave city
- Modi govt calls for 'fitting' commemoration of Rajiv Gandhi death anniversary
Two eminent Marathi film and television actors and a child were killed when their car met with an accident on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway, police said today.
Anand Abhyankar (50) and Akshay Pendse (33) were on their way to Mumbai last night, when their car collided with a Pune-bound tempo which lost control and crashed into the lane divider, Wadgaon Maval police sub-inspector Pradeep Suryavanshi said.
Both the actors and Akshay Pendse's two-year-old son Pratyush were killed while his wife suffered injuries in the accident.
Pendse's wife was admitted to Lokmanya hospital in Nigdi.
"The tempo driver has been arrested and a case has been registered under sections 304 (culpable homicide not amounting to murder) and 279 of IPC against him," Suryavanshi added.
The duo were a part of many popular television serials including 'Mala Sasoo Havi'.
Abhyankar had starred in several Marathi films like 'Spandan', 'Vastav', 'Pappa Sanga Kunache', 'Matichya Chuli', 'Balgandharva' and also performed in play 'Kurtyat Sada Tingalam'.
He had also acted in more than 15 Hindi TV serials including 'Jis Desh Mein Ganga Rehta Hai', 'Pappu Can't Dance Saala' and 'Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah'.
Pendse acted in television serials and a few movies including 'Kai Dyayche Bola'.