Two rape cases registered
- PDP, BJP seal alliance to form government in Jammu & Kashmir
- RK Pachauri, accused of sexual harassment, quits UN climate change panel
- Centre's land bill is anti-farmer, says Kejriwal at Anna protest rally
- SpiceJet launches low-fare offer for Holi; one lakh seats on the block
- BJP defends Bhagwat, claims Mother Teresa admitted she was not a social worker
A woman of Gurpal Nagar of Tibba road has registered a case of abduction and rape against two men in Basti Jodhewal police station. The complainant said the accused had abducted her on January 5 and ferried her to Chandigarh. The accused allegedly hired a hotel room and raped her after offering cold drinks laced with sedatives. The accused Jagjivan Singh has tried to lure her in the pretext of solemnize marriage with her, but later she has come to know that the accused is already married.
In another case a woman has registered a case against a man who she claims ferried her to his slum on Monday and raped her. The police station Moti Nagar has arrested the accused after registering case against him.