Two security men killed in encounter with Maoists
- Muslim women beaten up in Madhya Pradesh over beef rumours
- Harish Rawat confirms Chinese incursion in Uttarakhand's Chamoli district
- GST Bill: Uncertainty continues as States don’t agree on rate
- Cow was killed by lion, not Dalit men flogged by gau rakshaks: CID
- How Governor Raghuram Rajan had his way on venue for RBI interviews
Two security personnel were killed during an encounter with Maoists in Sunabeda area of Odisha's Nuapada district, police said Saturday.
The gun battle took place when personnel of CRPF, District Voluntary Force and special police officers were carrying out an operation in dense forest near Datutola and Dhekunpani villages last evening, they said.
Two security personnel identified as Prakash Rout (constable in DVF) and Devendra Dharua (SPO) lost their lives in the exchange of fire, they said adding both belonged to Nuapada district.
- Irom Sharmila calling off her fast against the AFSPA reflects the state’s failure to engage
- Strengthen Centre-state relations by giving the Inter-State Council teeth
- The Patel agitation and Dalit unrest threaten BJP’s dominance in Gujarat
- The CAMPA Bill: Whose forests are these anyway?
- Arundhati Ghose will be remembered for her role in India’s nuclear diplomacy
- Nativist sentiments and a growing tendency towards looking inwards imperil globalisation