Two security men killed in encounter with Maoists
- PM in Paris: 'We must create a balance between economy and ecology'
- PM Modi meets Nawaz Sharif at UN climate summit in Paris
- Congress raises Dadri, Kalburgi killing in Lok Sabha; BJP hits back
- Petrol price cut by 58 paise per litre, diesel 25 paise
- India's economic growth accelerates to 7.4 per cent in July-September
Two security personnel were killed during an encounter with Maoists in Sunabeda area of Odisha's Nuapada district, police said Saturday.
The gun battle took place when personnel of CRPF, District Voluntary Force and special police officers were carrying out an operation in dense forest near Datutola and Dhekunpani villages last evening, they said.
Two security personnel identified as Prakash Rout (constable in DVF) and Devendra Dharua (SPO) lost their lives in the exchange of fire, they said adding both belonged to Nuapada district.
- Under General Sharif, Pakistan army is carrying low-intensity war against diversity of opinion
- Framed at BJP’s Diwali milan: Selfie-Made Journalism
- Raja-Mandala: An important shift in India’s climate diplomacy
- My book tries to chronicle a difficult India-Pak peace process
- Ahead of the Paris summit, India has been again targeted as a spoiler
- Shunning coal not viable for India; World needs to come together to make it cleaner