Two security officers of Narendra Modi killed in road mishap
Two security personnel of BJP's prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi were killed and five others injured when a speeding truck rammed into their vehicle during wee hours on Friday, police said.
The deceased personnel, Bhailal (30) and Jairam (30), were in the bomb disposal squad vehicle of the Gujarat Police had taken a halt near Nathgram Ashram on Malkhanpur road under Sirsaganj area, when a speeding truck rammed into their vehicle, Superintendent of Police Rakesh Singh said. The team of security personnel was on their way to Patna. The injured persons, identified as Dheeru Bhai, Mohan Singh, Virendra, Giri and Magha were immediately rushed to a hospital where condition of two persons is stated to be serious, police said. The Gujarat Chief Minister is scheduled to visit Patna on Friday to meet the family members of those killed in the blasts during his rally on October 27.
- Whistleblower alleged kickbacks, favours in ‘thin client’ procurement; NDA never completed inquiry
- Pune AAP volunteers all set to hit campaign trail in Varanasi
- ‘Interstate’ gang of chain snatchers held; gold worth Rs 80 lakh seized
- CBI, Army vigilance wing carry out daylong search at NDA
- Balancing Act
- Ahir kin rivalry dominates poll landscape