Two sent to judicial custody for manhandling police personnel
- Elections 2014 LIVE: 60 pc voting in Bengal till 1 pm; Jaitley slams Rahul over 'ullu' barb
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- Is there a vikas vote? Healthier babies make not a whimper on campaign pitch in Hazaribagh
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
For allegedly manhandling a Punjab Police personnel, a local court on Thursday sent the main accused Sandeep Sandhu and his mother Pritpal Kaur Sandhu to judicial custody while the others including the father of the main accused Pawan Sandhu were remanded to two-days in police custody in order to locate the whereabouts of the others who are absconding.
The incident took place last night when the accused Sandeep Sandhu was stopped by Assistant Sub-Inspector (ASI) Jarnail Singh at a naka. The accused allegedly manhandled the ASI and the two entered into a scuffle. A case was registered in Nayagaon police station. The accused was arrested by the police at 5 pm on January 9. Later in the evening some of the family members and friends of the accused attacked the police station. The police then registered a case against 13 persons. The Superintendent of Police (City) Sawarandeep Singh, said: "We have arrested six persons and are on a look out for the rest of the accused."
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18