Two special trains to Nanded
- Aurangabad arms haul case: MCOCA court convicts 12 including Abu Jundal
- Rajnath Singh to visit Pakistan in August, attend Saarc meet
- Indigo flight makes emergency landing in Mumbai after passenger creates ruckus
- Assam floods: Sonowal directs ministers to visit constituencies as situation worsens
- Bhagwant Mann: Didn't breach security, even TV channels broadcast from Parliament
To ease the rush of passengers during Guruta-Gaddi Diwas, Northern Railway will run two special trains between Amritsar and Nanded and a fully air-conditioned one between Chandigarh and Nanded.
As per the Railways, 2716A Amritsar to Nanded super-fast special train will depart from the Holy City on September 20, 24 and 28 at 1.40 pm and arrive at Nanded at 4 am on the third day. The 2715A Nanded to Amritsar super-fast special train will depart from Nanded on September 22, 26 and 30 at 10.50 am and arrive at 11 pm the next day.
Consisting of one AC two-tier, three AC three-tier, 14 second class sleeper coaches and two general second class coaches, the 2715A/2716A train will stop at Jalandhar Cantonment, Ludhiana, Sirhind, Ambala, Kurukshetra, Karnal, Panipat, Delhi Safdarjang, Agra, Jhansi, Bina, Bhopal, Itarsi, Khandwa and Manmar stations. The AC special train between Chandigarh and Nanded train 2716B will depart from Chandigarh on September 21 and 26 at 9.25 am and arrive at Nanded at 5.40 pm the next day. The return service train (2715B) will depart from Nanded on September 23 and 28 at 7.45 am and arrive at Chandigarh at 4 pm the next day.
- Irom Sharmila calling off her fast against the AFSPA reflects the state’s failure to engage
- Strengthen Centre-state relations by giving the Inter-State Council teeth
- The Patel agitation and Dalit unrest threaten BJP’s dominance in Gujarat
- The CAMPA Bill: Whose forests are these anyway?
- Arundhati Ghose will be remembered for her role in India’s nuclear diplomacy
- Nativist sentiments and a growing tendency towards looking inwards imperil globalisation