Two Surat poets no more
- Memon’s lawyers move SC seeking stay on his execution, high drama outside CJI's house
- ISIS preparing to attack India, likely to spark Indo-US confrontation: report
- Afghan intelligence: Taliban leader Mullah Omar dead for more than 2 years
- Whistleblower Sanjiv Chaturvedi, Anshu Gupta win Magsaysay award
- Abdul Kalam's mortal remains arrive in his hometown Rameswaram
Surat city has lost its two noted poets — Gulam Nabi Mullah alias Gul Ankleshwari (65) and Majeed Khan Randeri (68) — who were gems of Gujarati and Urdu poetry. The duo had participated in different Kavi Sammelans in various states.
While participating in a Kavi Sammelan at Adajan in the city on Sunday afternoon, Gulam Nabi complained of chest pain. He was rushed to a nearby hospital where he was declared dead.
Another noted poet Majeed Khan reportedly left his house on Monday morning to offer Namaz and while returning home after prayers, he incurred severe chest pain. The family members took him to nearby hospital where he was declared dead.