Two Surat poets no more
- Rail Budget 2015: No hike in passenger fares, Prabhu promises modern rail network
- Rail Budget: Ally Shiv Sena not satisfied, but Mulayam says Prabhu has done a 'good job'
- Rail Budget futuristic and passenger centric: PM Modi
- PDP, BJP thrash out differences; all clear for Mufti-Modi meeting tomorrow
- Hummer horror: Senior policeman suspended for secretly meeting Kerala businessman
Surat city has lost its two noted poets — Gulam Nabi Mullah alias Gul Ankleshwari (65) and Majeed Khan Randeri (68) — who were gems of Gujarati and Urdu poetry. The duo had participated in different Kavi Sammelans in various states.
While participating in a Kavi Sammelan at Adajan in the city on Sunday afternoon, Gulam Nabi complained of chest pain. He was rushed to a nearby hospital where he was declared dead.
Another noted poet Majeed Khan reportedly left his house on Monday morning to offer Namaz and while returning home after prayers, he incurred severe chest pain. The family members took him to nearby hospital where he was declared dead.