Two wholesale traders robbed of Rs 6 lakh at gunpoint in Manimajra
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
Two wholesale traders of Grain Market in Sector 26, Chandigarh, were robbed at gunpoint outside their residence in NAC, Manimajra on Monday evening. The robbers snatched a bag containing Rs 6 lakh and some documents.
Police said that Nikhil Bansal and Vijay Bansal of Laxmi Trading, Sector 26, reached their home in a car driven by Nikhil at 8 pm. As the two arrived, they saw that two men were sitting outside their house. On noticing the two men, Nikhil got out of the car and approached them. The two unidentified men pointed a gun towards Vijay and asked him to hand over the bag that he was holding.
The father and son resisted, and the four men entered into a scuffle following which the robbers snatched the bag and fled. Both Nikhil and Vijay followed the robbers as they fled towards the market area of Manimajra near the Housing Board light point.
At the market, a car was waiting for the robbers. Both sat in the car and ran away towards Panchkula. Vijay said that the bag contained Rs 6 lakh and a few important documents. A case has been registered at the Manimajra police station.
The robbers had covered their faces with handkerchiefs. Police officers said that as per the description given by the complainants, the two robbers were between 35 and 40 years of age.