Two wholesale traders robbed of Rs 6 lakh at gunpoint in Manimajra
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Jaitley slams Rahul over 'ullu' barb; polling underway in 12 states
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- Is there a vikas vote? Healthier babies make not a whimper on campaign pitch in Hazaribagh
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
Two wholesale traders of Grain Market in Sector 26, Chandigarh, were robbed at gunpoint outside their residence in NAC, Manimajra on Monday evening. The robbers snatched a bag containing Rs 6 lakh and some documents.
Police said that Nikhil Bansal and Vijay Bansal of Laxmi Trading, Sector 26, reached their home in a car driven by Nikhil at 8 pm. As the two arrived, they saw that two men were sitting outside their house. On noticing the two men, Nikhil got out of the car and approached them. The two unidentified men pointed a gun towards Vijay and asked him to hand over the bag that he was holding.
The father and son resisted, and the four men entered into a scuffle following which the robbers snatched the bag and fled. Both Nikhil and Vijay followed the robbers as they fled towards the market area of Manimajra near the Housing Board light point.
At the market, a car was waiting for the robbers. Both sat in the car and ran away towards Panchkula. Vijay said that the bag contained Rs 6 lakh and a few important documents. A case has been registered at the Manimajra police station.
The robbers had covered their faces with handkerchiefs. Police officers said that as per the description given by the complainants, the two robbers were between 35 and 40 years of age.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18