Two workers die in Dera Bassi factory accident, owner booked
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
Vikas Kumar (21) and Pintu (20), both residents of Saidpura village, Dera Bassi, were killed in a mishap at Prerna Strips Company, situated on Mubarikpur Road, Dera Bassi, on Monday afternoon.
According to Dera Bassi Station House Officer Gurdyal Singh, the incident took place when the two employees, who worked as helpers in the factory, were trying to lift a 4-ton iron coil with the help of a crane. The coil accidentally fell on them. Kumar and Pintu were taken to Government Medical College and Hospital, Sector 32, by the company officials after they sustained serious injuries, but they succumbed to their injuries on Monday night.
Police official revealed that the company management did not inform the
police and they received the information about the incident from the hospital authorities after both the workers died.
Dera Bassi SP Anil Sharma and SHO Gurdyal Singh visited the spot on Tuesday morning and initiated investigations.
Company Manager Dheeraj Sharma claimed that the incident happened due to the negligence of the workers.
However, Vikas's brother Guddu, who works at the same factory, blamed the authorities for negligence. The police have booked the company owner under the Indian Penal Code and further investigations are on, the SHO said. Both the deceased hailed from Bihar.