Two youths commit suicide after allegedly gangraping a Scheduled Caste woman, Haryana shocked
- AAP-BJP clashes: Kejriwal & Co to file complaint with Election Commission against BJP
- SC adjourns Centreâs plea restraining TN from releasing Rajiv killers till March 26
- âMamata is hiring honesty from Maharashtra through Annaâ
- Mumbai dailies laud Kamat, he denies he paid for the ânewsâ
- Congress bends, âopen to TRS allianceâ
In a news that has shocked Haryana, two young men first committed a heinous crime and then killed themselves in shame after fingers were pointed at them.
Two youths accused of gangraping a married woman of Scheduled Caste allegedly committed suicide in the wee hours today by jumping in front of a moving train on the Rohtak-Delhi railway track near Kanheli village in the district, police said.
Sandeep (24) and Sunil (25), along with three others, were booked yesterday for raping the 30-year-old woman at Ajayab village on the intervening night of Wednesday and Thursday, Rohtak DSP (City) Virender Singh said.
"We had received information in the wee hours that two youths had ended their lives by jumping before a moving train near Kanheli village," GRP official Ashok Kumar said.
"The youths were later identified as Sandeep and Sunil through their mobile phones. No suicide note was recovered from their pockets," Kumar said.
DSP Virendar Singh said, "During police investigation this morning, the woman revealed that Sandeep and Sunil were also involved in the crime and she did not know till then that they had ended their lives."
"Since the woman was traumatised after the incident, she could not recollect the names of other accused at the time of registration of the case," he said.
The woman had alleged in her police complaint that two persons, identified as Kala and Fouzi, along with their three friends, had barged into her house on Wednesday midnight when she was sleeping alone, the DSP said.
They gangraped her and threatened her of dire consequences if she told anyone, she had stated in her complaint, Singh said.
Taking action on her complaint, the police registered a case under IPC section 376 (punishment for rape) and SC/ST Act against the accused and started manhunt to nab them, the DSP said, adding, the remaining three accused are still absconding.
- No jobs for students of state’s first dairy, fisheries colleges
- Mayor blames contractors for bad roads, says better material to be used now
- New police chief says smooth polls his top priority for now
- Battleground ready, tough fight on cards in Pune
- Gadkari visits PU for cultural event, crowd gets out of control
- Govt vehicle hits two visually impaired students