Two-year-old girl’s body found in Gorakhpur Express
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
The body of a two-year-old girl was found wrapped in a cloth in coach S-6 of Gorakhpur Express late on Friday at Lokmanya Tilak terminus.
Kurla Railway Police has registered a case of accidental death and are investigating further to ascertain if the child was murdered. Senior inspector, Shivaji Dhumal, said when the train went to yard for washing, the workers saw the body.
Dhumal said there was no strangulation marks on the body. "We are awaiting post mortem report and are also yet to trace the identity of the girl. We suspect that the girl might have some internal injuries," he said, adding the appearance of the girl suggests she was from a poor family.