Two-year-old girl’s body found in Gorakhpur Express
- 20 jawans feared dead as Naxals attack CRPF convoy in Chhattisgarh
- Missing Malaysia airline: Man travelling on stolen passport identified as Iranian
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
The body of a two-year-old girl was found wrapped in a cloth in coach S-6 of Gorakhpur Express late on Friday at Lokmanya Tilak terminus.
Kurla Railway Police has registered a case of accidental death and are investigating further to ascertain if the child was murdered. Senior inspector, Shivaji Dhumal, said when the train went to yard for washing, the workers saw the body.
Dhumal said there was no strangulation marks on the body. "We are awaiting post mortem report and are also yet to trace the identity of the girl. We suspect that the girl might have some internal injuries," he said, adding the appearance of the girl suggests she was from a poor family.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express