Two-year-old girl’s body found in Gorakhpur Express
- BJP rubbishes Geelani's claim, calls separatist leader's 'Modi emissary talk' as 'false and mischievous'
- Modi's jibe at Mulayam: âBalaatkariyon ke liye Netaji ka mann ekdum mulayam haiâ
- Malaysian Airlines MH370: 4 questions about missing plane answered
- After denying a 'Modi wave', Joshi endorses Modi as India's next PM
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Rahul Gandhi's vision is limited to 'toffees and balloons', says Raman Singh
The body of a two-year-old girl was found wrapped in a cloth in coach S-6 of Gorakhpur Express late on Friday at Lokmanya Tilak terminus.
Kurla Railway Police has registered a case of accidental death and are investigating further to ascertain if the child was murdered. Senior inspector, Shivaji Dhumal, said when the train went to yard for washing, the workers saw the body.
Dhumal said there was no strangulation marks on the body. "We are awaiting post mortem report and are also yet to trace the identity of the girl. We suspect that the girl might have some internal injuries," he said, adding the appearance of the girl suggests she was from a poor family.