Tyagi booked for criminal conspiracy
- Elections 2014 Live: Sonia Gandhi, Arvind Kejriwal cast their votes in third phase of LS polls
- Modi tukde tukde kar dega... ladaa dega, says Rahul
- Congress not aggressive enough, says Sharad Pawar
- NSCN (IM) takes over Manipur booths, loads EVMs with votes
- Narendra Modi mentions wife Jashodaben in poll affidavit for first time
PSO was aware of the plot to trespass, fired his gun without authorisation, say police
Uttarakhand Police constable Sachin Tyagi has been booked for criminal conspiracy in the twin murder of liquor baron Gurdeep Singh Chadha alias Ponty and his brother Hardeep, who were shot dead at their Chhattarpur farmhouse on November 17.
Tyagi was the personal security officer of recently sacked chairman of Uttarakhand Minorities Commission Sukhdev Singh Namdhari, who was earlier arrested for the murder of Hardeep.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (Crime) S B S Tyagi confirmed the arrest. Police said Tyagi had come to Delhi without permission from his seniors and used his official weapon without authorisation to fire at Hardeep. Police said there was no threat to Namdhari or Tyagi's life from Hardeep, so his act of firing three bullets was unjustified.
Sources in police said Tyagi confessed to firing three bullets during the shootout. He told police that he was not sure if any of the bullets actually hit Hardeep. Police are waiting for the ballistic report to ascertain the source of the two shots that hit Hardeep.
"Tyagi was aware of the trespassing conspiracy hatched by Namdhari. Namdhari and his associates were armed and had trespassed at the property. Tyagi's job was to inform the police of the plot, but he failed to do so. Instead of informing the police, he took part in the whole act and then fired at Hardeep. He helped Ponty and Namdhari while he was still the PSO," an investigating officer said.
Police said Tyagi's name was added to the FIR, which includes IPC Sections of 302 (murder) and 307 (attempt to murder).
Police have also added sections of the Arms Act against Namdhari, as he brought his licensed pistol to the Capital without authorisation.
- Neemu Bhoumik seeks LS entry; people’s issues, Raiganj roots in mind
- Another Bittu, Simerjit file papers as Independents
- Firing at district food and civil supplies office, one injured
- Day after stand-off with EC, Didi vows ‘revenge’ over ‘insult’ by Delhi
- ‘Hate’ speech: Amit Shah moves HC for stay on arrest, quashing of FIRs
- Adarsh Shastri ‘covers’ for AAP’s Jaaferi