U-19 cricket trials today
- Pakistan High Commission staffer asked to leave India after leak of sensitive defence documents
- Cyrus Mistry hits back at Tata Group with slew of allegations: Fraudulent transactions, unethical ways
- Tata Sons vs Cyrus: Sebi, govt keep watch, BSE seeks clarification
- Kashmir is a matter for India, Pakistan to sort out: British PM Theresa May
- It's unfortunate, because it has set a terrible precedent: Farhan Akhtar on Johar-MNS deal
The Chandigarh Cricket Association (affiliated to Haryana Cricket Association) will conduct trials to select U-19 Chandigarh team for upcoming Haryana Inter-District Cricket Tournament at Govt. Senior Secondary School, Sector-19, Chandigarh on July 18 at 3.00 pm. According to Surinder Singh Baijee, general secretary CCA, cricketers born on or after 01-09-1990 are eligible to take part in the trials.
Carrom tourney from today
Chandigarh Carrom Association will organise the XII St. Stephen's Carrom Ranking Tournament at the St Stephen's School, Sector 45 from July 18 to 20. The tournament will witness a total of four events- men's singles, women's singles, boys' singles (junior), girl's singles (junior), boy's singles (sub-junior) and girl's singles (sub-junior). Hassan, boys' sub-junior national champion, Farheen, girls' junior national runners-up, Tuba, women's north zone champion and national girls' sub-junior third position holder and Gagandeep Singh, men's north zone champion are participating in the three-day long tournament.
Selection trials on July 20
Sports Authority of India (SAI) will conduct trials for the selection of players for SAI Extension Centre for Football at New Public School, Sector 18 on July 20 and 21. Players born on or after 01.01.1996 (U-14), 01.01.1993 (U-17) and 01.01.1991 (U-19) are eligible to take part in the trials. According to RD Singh, principal, NPS-18, the registration of the names will be done on July 20 at 9 am. The players should bring their sports certificate, original DOB certificate, and two passport size photographs.
U-19 district semi-finals on July 21, 22
The semi-finals of Dhruv Pandove Trophy for Under-19 will be played on July 21 and July 22 in Jalandhar and Amritsar respectively. Chandigarh will lock horns with Jalandhar while Amritsar will take on Patiala. The three-day final will be played at PCA Stadium, Mohali, from July 25 to 27.
- A letter like Cyrus Mistry’s could deepen the credibility crisis of Indian capitalism
- The transgender rights bill dilutes the private member’s bill passed by Rajya Sabha
- Diverse myths around the festival underpin Hinduism’s openness
- Polygamy and gender justice debate is more complicated than it is made out to be
- By brokering for MNS, Devendra Fadnavis has shown himself as a CM afraid of a bully
- Pak PM would do well to study the past before choosing Raheel Sharif’s successor