U-19 cricket trials today
- India's naval might on full display off Visakhapatnam coast
- Kerala solar scam: Had freedom to enter Chandy’s house anytime, says Saritha Nair
- Australian national suspected to be IS supporter deported from Delhi airport
- At least 39 dead as Gujarat state transport bus plunges into river
- Cops have a case for new juvenile law: boy who ‘killed 2’
The Chandigarh Cricket Association (affiliated to Haryana Cricket Association) will conduct trials to select U-19 Chandigarh team for upcoming Haryana Inter-District Cricket Tournament at Govt. Senior Secondary School, Sector-19, Chandigarh on July 18 at 3.00 pm. According to Surinder Singh Baijee, general secretary CCA, cricketers born on or after 01-09-1990 are eligible to take part in the trials.
Carrom tourney from today
Chandigarh Carrom Association will organise the XII St. Stephen's Carrom Ranking Tournament at the St Stephen's School, Sector 45 from July 18 to 20. The tournament will witness a total of four events- men's singles, women's singles, boys' singles (junior), girl's singles (junior), boy's singles (sub-junior) and girl's singles (sub-junior). Hassan, boys' sub-junior national champion, Farheen, girls' junior national runners-up, Tuba, women's north zone champion and national girls' sub-junior third position holder and Gagandeep Singh, men's north zone champion are participating in the three-day long tournament.
Selection trials on July 20
Sports Authority of India (SAI) will conduct trials for the selection of players for SAI Extension Centre for Football at New Public School, Sector 18 on July 20 and 21. Players born on or after 01.01.1996 (U-14), 01.01.1993 (U-17) and 01.01.1991 (U-19) are eligible to take part in the trials. According to RD Singh, principal, NPS-18, the registration of the names will be done on July 20 at 9 am. The players should bring their sports certificate, original DOB certificate, and two passport size photographs.
U-19 district semi-finals on July 21, 22
The semi-finals of Dhruv Pandove Trophy for Under-19 will be played on July 21 and July 22 in Jalandhar and Amritsar respectively. Chandigarh will lock horns with Jalandhar while Amritsar will take on Patiala. The three-day final will be played at PCA Stadium, Mohali, from July 25 to 27.
- No proof required: MGNREGA does not help poor
- Male-dominated ‘places of worship’ are places where god doesn’t reside
- As Sushma visits Lanka, India should invest its diplomatic capital in finding constitutional solution
- There is talk of 4th industrial revolution. How about spreading the benefits of the preceding three
- It Made China See Red
- Modi’s Idea of India - 2