U-19 cricket trials today
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- Unethical, betrayal: Prime Minister Manmohan Singhâs daughter voices family anger
- On Ambedkar Day, BJP says UPA favoured Muslims over Dalits
- RSS-led core group maps Modi campaign route
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Varun Gandhi to file nomination; Kejriwal arrives in Varanasi
The Chandigarh Cricket Association (affiliated to Haryana Cricket Association) will conduct trials to select U-19 Chandigarh team for upcoming Haryana Inter-District Cricket Tournament at Govt. Senior Secondary School, Sector-19, Chandigarh on July 18 at 3.00 pm. According to Surinder Singh Baijee, general secretary CCA, cricketers born on or after 01-09-1990 are eligible to take part in the trials.
Carrom tourney from today
Chandigarh Carrom Association will organise the XII St. Stephen's Carrom Ranking Tournament at the St Stephen's School, Sector 45 from July 18 to 20. The tournament will witness a total of four events- men's singles, women's singles, boys' singles (junior), girl's singles (junior), boy's singles (sub-junior) and girl's singles (sub-junior). Hassan, boys' sub-junior national champion, Farheen, girls' junior national runners-up, Tuba, women's north zone champion and national girls' sub-junior third position holder and Gagandeep Singh, men's north zone champion are participating in the three-day long tournament.
Selection trials on July 20
Sports Authority of India (SAI) will conduct trials for the selection of players for SAI Extension Centre for Football at New Public School, Sector 18 on July 20 and 21. Players born on or after 01.01.1996 (U-14), 01.01.1993 (U-17) and 01.01.1991 (U-19) are eligible to take part in the trials. According to RD Singh, principal, NPS-18, the registration of the names will be done on July 20 at 9 am. The players should bring their sports certificate, original DOB certificate, and two passport size photographs.
U-19 district semi-finals on July 21, 22
The semi-finals of Dhruv Pandove Trophy for Under-19 will be played on July 21 and July 22 in Jalandhar and Amritsar respectively. Chandigarh will lock horns with Jalandhar while Amritsar will take on Patiala. The three-day final will be played at PCA Stadium, Mohali, from July 25 to 27.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties
- BJP dancing to the tune of RSS: Sonia Gandhi | The Indian Express
- After Sanjay Baru, former coal secretary Parakh’s book embarrasses PM; ‘Singh had little political authority’
- How can Modi honour women if he can’t mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Rahul Gandhi insulting Ambedkar by taking credit for laws: Narendra Modi