UAE cracks down on cell tied to Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood
- Quota row: Curfew imposed in Gujarat's Mehsana district
- Indrani Mukherjea, former Star TV CEO Peter Mukherjea's wife, arrested on murder charge
- India's population 121.09 crore; Hindus 79.8 pc, Muslims 14.2 pc: Census
- Kejriwal meets PM Modi, talks about better Centre-State relation
- BJP registers comfortable win in Bengaluru civic polls, setback for Congress
The UAE has arrested more than 10 people, including three Egyptian doctors, for being part of a "secret" group linked to Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood, that was allegedly discussing ways to "overthrow regimes in the Arab states".
The activities of those arrested were being monitored by the security agencies for several years, according to a report in Al Khaleej newspaper.
The Sharjah-based paper quoted an "authorised source" as saying security agencies believed the men had formed their own network in the UAE and were carrying out organised activities "on state land", holding secret meetings in various "administrative offices" and recruiting UAE-based Egyptians to their organisation.