Uday and me are like 'Batman & Robin': Abhishek Bachchan on 'Dhoom: 3'
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Arvind Kejriwal slapped again, BJP says AAP's 'false promises' may be the cause
- Bihar: BJP attacks Nitish over CRPF officer's death, calls for probe
- BJP's election manifesto is for, by and of Narendra Modi
- First phase of Lok Sabha elections: High turnout in two N-E states
- Mamata government asks Election Commission to reconsider transfer orders of West Bengal officials
For the lead actors of 'Dhoom: 3' Aamir Khan, Abhishek Bachchan and Katrina Kaif the film is their first release in 2013.
"It's not as if I planned it that way. After 'Bol Bachchan' in May 2012, my career panned out in such a way that there was no release until now. 'Dhoom: 3' kept getting repeatedly delayed for whatever reasons. And unfortunately for my fans and for Katrina's fans, there was no release in 2013. It wasn't planned that way. And I didn't miss myself on screen. I see myself every day in the mirror."
Abhishek says he felt no career pangs about being away for a longish time. "By the grace of God, I am not an insecure actor at all. And if you see the career-graph of others, no major actor does more than a couple of films per year. Aamir, for that matter, has not been in a film since 'Talaash', a year back. So...no! I don't feel insecure about not being on screen for some time."
Abhishek Bachchan has been a constant in the Dhoom franchise's journey from the time it took off in 2004.
Says Abhishek with a spot of vanity, "Pardon the immodesty, but Uday Chopra and I are Dhoom. The franchise chronicles the ongoing adventures of Jai and Ali, that's me and Uday. That's the format of the franchise. The other characters may come and go. But we go on forever. Like Batman & Robin. Can there be a Batman franchise without Batman?"
Having said that, Abhishek looks back with much affection at the journey. "From Dhoom to 'Dhoom: 2' and now to 'Dhoom: 3', it has been an amazing journey. To begin with, it was the story of the adventures of these 3 boys, me, Uday and John Abraham. Our producer Aditya Chopra suggested we try to re-define the action genre in our cinema. We were all young, hopeful and enthusiastic, eager to try out this experiment. How were we to know it would turn out the way it did?!"
- 4-yr-old sexually assaulted by school bus attendant
- 65 lakh voters register in Pune district
- Candidates declare assets, Ayali has property worth Rs 16.86 cr
- Chaos at DC office as heavyweights file papers
- Culex vishnui mosquito is now breeding in city, finds PGI survey
- Over 6 lakh registered voters in city