Uddhav Thackeray to be formally made Shiv Sena president on Jan 23
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Modi breaks silence, says petty statements by 'BJP well wishers deviating poll campaign'
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- Centre calls off trip over China no to Arunachal youth
- JuD chief Hafiz Saeed: Hindus safe in Pakistan unlike Muslims in Gujarat
- In this TN seat, Cong, BJP and AAP take centrestage
Shiv Sena executive president Uddhav Thackeray will be formally elected as party president in the national executive meeting to be held on January 23, party sources said.
"Uddhavji, who is now overseeing the work of Shiv Sena as executive president, will be elected as party president," a party functionary close to Thackeray said.
The decision to this effect would be taken in the national executive meeting slated to be held on January 23 at the Shiv Sena Bhawan, party's headquarters at Dadar in central Mumbai.
Even after Uddhav being made the Sena chief, party patriarch Balasaheb Thackeray will be called as Shiv Sena 'pramukh'.
"Uddhavji had earlier stated that party 'pramukh' will be Balasaheb," he said.
In an interview in party mouthpiece 'Saamana' last month, Uddhav had categorically stated that no one can replace Bal Thackeray as Shiv Sena 'Pramukh'.
"Bal Thackeray will continue to remain the party supremo," he had said.
"All the guidelines to elect Uddhav Thackeray as party president will be followed as per the directions from the Election Commission (EC)," the party source added.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready