Uddhav Thackeray's wife, Rashmi Thackeray's car collide with motorcycle, 2 injured
- 15 security personnel killed as Naxals attack CRPF convoy in Chhattisgarh
- Rahul compares Modi with Hitler, says Gujarat CM behaves arrogantly
- Missing Malaysia airline: Man travelling on stolen passport identified as Iranian
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
Two bikers were injured after their motorcycle collided with the vehicle of Shiv Sena executive president Uddhav Thackeray's wife at Kalanagar area in suburban Bandra, police said today.
The incident occurred at Kalanagar junction last night at about 8 pm, when Rashmi Thackeray was heading to south Mumbai in her car driven by the driver, with a police
constable sitting on the front seat.
The driver of the car said it was the mistake of the bikers, identified as Sher Ali Khan (24) and Mohammed Shajia Khan (25), saying the two jumped the signal, whereas the latter claimed that it was not their fault, police said.
Awadhuth Chawan, Senior Inspector at Kherwadi police station, "We have taken note of the incident, but no case has been registered as both the parties are claiming they were not at fault. We will go through the CCTV footages at the junction so that we can establish whose mistake it was."
However, preliminary probe suggested it was mistake on the part of the bikers, Chawan said.
"We are not jumping the gun now.... After a proper inquiry, we will conclude whose mistake it was and accordingly a case would be registered," Chawan added.
Sher Khan was riding the bike at the time of the incident, Chawan said adding that the duo sustained minor injuries and was rushed to nearby Fauziya hospital, where they were undergoing treatment.
Chawan said Thackeray was heading to attend a function in south Mumbai when the incident took place.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express