Uddhav to tour state from Monday
Shiv Sena executive president Uddhav Thackeray will begin a tour of Maharashtra Monday to meet party leaders and workers.
He will hold closed-door meetings from December 3 to 16 in an attempt to reach out to cadre and discuss party affairs after the death of father and Sena chief Bal Thackeray earlier this month. The meetings would be attended by district, taluka and local leaders.
"Uddhav will hold closed-door meetings with party workers. He will begin the tour Monday, details are being worked out," said a Sena leader.
Poor health of the Sena chief had kept the executive president from addressing MLAs and MPs in Mumbai, where the strategy for the upcoming winter session of the state assembly was worked out.
- Need equal rights for all gender minorities: Transgenders
- Rahul questions Mamata inaction on Saradha scam
- Karnataka govt ends lockout at Toyota plants
- After Pune, BJP now raises doubts about Mumbai voters’ list
- In Etawah, SP candidate holds ears to seek forgiveness and votes
- Cong, Shia cleric supporters trade charges day after attack on MLA