Uddhav undergoes angioplasty, Raj present at hospital
- Manmohan Singh is India's "weakest PM": L K Advani
- 'Shahzada' and 'Matashree' are only concerned about being in power, says Modi; Sonia harps on secularism
- Modi has "deep flaws" in his character: Chidambaram
- Supreme Court commutes death penalty of Devinderpal Singh Bhullar to life term
- March 31 Campaign roundup: BJP to release party manifesto on April 3; Kejriwal's meeting with the LG a drama to mislead people, says Cong
Shiv Sena Executive President Uddhav Thackeray underwent a coronary angioplasty on Friday Morning at Lilavati Hospital in suburban Bandra. MNS chief and estranged cousin Raj Thackeray and members of the Thackeray family were present through the three hours of the angioplasty and ensured they were by Uddhav's side when he was shifted to the hospital's ICU. Family sources said he was also called and wished a speedy recovery by Pranab Mukherjee, Presidential candidate, industrialist Mukesh Ambani and actor Amitabh Bachchan. It may be recalled that Mukherjee was hosted by Uddhav when he had came calling on Bal Thackeray for his party's support for the Presidential election.
The angioplasty to remove three blockages in the blood vessel started at 9.45 in the morning and went on to 12.30 pm. The angioplasty was done by cardiologisits, Dr Samuel Mathew and Dr Ajit Menon and assisted by a team of six doctors.
"He is fully conscious and is being attended. It went well. He will be discharged in three days," said a doctor from the team.
Uddhav had complained of chest pain on Monday following which an angiography to detect blockages in the blood vessels in the heart was done at Lilavati Hospital.