UHBVN upgrades Panchkula power distribution system
- His hands tied, PM surrendered to Sonia: ex-media adviserâs book
- How can Modi honour women if he canât mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Mewat simmers after poll clash, killing of Muslim youth
- After rare skull surgery at AIIMS, twins from Kerala look like each other
- Elections 2014 LIVE: FIR against Azam Khan; Rahul to file nomination papers today
The Uttar Haryana Bijli Vitran Nigam (UHBVN) has started the upgradation of the power distribution system in Panchkula district in a big way and has already completed the work in 11 villages the district.
Deputy Commissioner, Panchkula, Ashima Brar, said that the UHBVN has completed the work in 11 villages including Naggal, Moginand, Paploha, Godam, Lohgarh and that system upgradation works are planned in 33 villages in the month of January.
Brar also said that the Nigam is all set to complete the upgradation in 11 more villages of district by the end of the current month.
"The Nigam has installed additional distribution transformers and augmented their capacity. New electricity poles have been erected and maintenance of transformers has been carried out and worn out cables replaced to ensure uninterrupted power supply in these villages in summer and paddy season," she said.
The upgradation, officials said, has also been carried out to to keep a check on "transmission and distribution losses."
Brar said that the two teams have been created in each operational sub divisions for carrying out the maintenance works and it has been decided to complete the distribution campaign by June 30.
"All the villages, wards and sectors would be covered to streamline the system. The Nigam has prepared monthly schedules for system improvement. This will help minimise the complaints regarding system constraints," Brar said. She also added that the Nigam has directed senior officers to ensure that the quality of the maintenance works is good and as per technical specification.
- Under attack over rape remark, SP chief Mulayam Yadav blames media
- JD(S) releases manifesto, vows to protect interests of state
- Ambareesh returns, says will sort ‘minor differences’
- Sagar Ghosh killing: Breather for DGP as HC stays single bench order
- Face of Gujarat riots is face of BJP: Mamata
- Cong seeks action against Advani on ‘wrong’ info in affidavit